We’ve already seen two previews for Disney’s Tomorrowland, starring George Clooney and Hugh Laurie. The first, previewed here at borg.com, made the film look intriguing but wasn’t enough alone to get us to the theater. The second, previewed here, gave us a bit more to go on. But the latest trailer, released this past week, is enough for us to line up tickets for the opening weekend right away.
In fact, if you want to see an example of just what to put in a trailer, this third trailer released would be a good guide. It’s got some key features that make for great entertainment:
- sci-fi an fantasy elements
- well-known (and reliable) actors
- jet packs
- a reclusive genius (remember Dr. Stephen Falken?)
- a vision of the future
- cyborg bad guys
- a talisman (that nifty little pin)
- special effects showing us something entirely new
- inter-dimensional portals
- did we mention jet packs?
After the break, check out this nifty new trailer for Tomorrowland: