Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Tarzan has had many incarnations in the past 100 years, so it’s probably time that he is thrust into the far future as a 300-year-old human who, along with wife Jane, encounters a future world you might find in H.G. Wells’ The Time Machine, Pierre Boulle’s Planet of the Apes, Nolan and Johnson’s Logan’s Run, or Richard Matheson’s I am Legend in the new one-shot comic book The Once and Future Tarzan. Tarzan faces strange creatures big and small, and a tribe of women who speak in a future French dialect, who he assists on their quest. Tarzan is a well-educated survivalist who communes with the animal kingdom–the main element that ties this future Tarzan to the Tarzan of our past.
- New book to highlight 50 years of Star Trek costume design
- Out this week–Steve Austin’s Season Six in trade paperback
- A tale of two Star Wars–One gets restored, the other… a facelift
- Retro Review — Our favorite version of a Christmas classic
- A Battle of Two Reviews – Examining Peter Jackson’s “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”
- Already? Only midway through Season 3 and CW’s Arrow goes “where angels fear to tread”
- KaBOOM! targets kids with favorite classic and current hit characters
- Funko CEO reveals new 2015 ReAction figure lines, including Jaws and Star Trek
- Original comic art–J.K. Woodward’s Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Black Widow among best series and characters of 2014
- Review–A Dungeon Master’s Guide to the 5th Edition Dungeon Master’s Guide
- Be prepared to get bombarded: Star Wars cover variants in January like never before
- Previews–Superb series Afterlife With Archie, Copperhead, and Wild’s End continue today
- Superman’s grandparents focus of new Syfy series “Krypton”
- First look–Final covers for three new Legenderry spin-off series coming in February
- SPECTRE–Daniel Craig returns for 26th James Bond film in 2015
- NASA’s Orion test flight a success after weather delay
- While you’re waiting for Genisys… Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle
- The REALLY awesome movie trailer of the season is here
- First look–As promised, Arnold is back… in Terminator: Genisys
- New book to highlight 50 years of Star Trek costume design wp.me/p1CCsZ-5Yj 13 hours ago
- Out this week–Steve Austin’s Season Six in trade paperback wp.me/p1CCsZ-5Y6 1 day ago
- A tale of two Star Wars–One gets restored, the other… a facelift wp.me/p1CCsZ-5Xq 2 days ago
- Retro Review — Our favorite version of a Christmas classic wp.me/p1CCsZ-5XA 3 days ago
- A Battle of Two Reviews – Examining Peter Jackson’s “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” wp.me/p1CCsZ-5X7 4 days ago
Join the conversation!
- trulymebeingme on First look–First trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is here!
- trulymebeingme on A borg.com Thanksgiving tradition
- Derek. on First look–A new trailer for 2001: A Space Odyssey?
- borgeditor on Reader Poll–Vote Now for the Best Rock Song. Ever.
- The Mithril Guardian on Reader Poll–Vote Now for the Best Rock Song. Ever.
- trulymebeingme on Preview–Savor the final trailer from Peter Jackson’s Middle-earth saga
- Mary E Brewer on Preview–Romijn, Kane, Larroquette–and Bruce Campbell–in The Librarians
- Nicholas Forristal on First look–A new trailer for 2001: A Space Odyssey?
- Gratitude to borg.com | Cardboard Safari News on Cardboard Safari–Constructing creative three-dimensional models in cardboard
- nicholasforristal on Preview–NBC’s new dark DC Comics tie-in series Constantine
- borgeditor on Preview–BOOM! Studios releases new Sleepy Hollow tie-in series
- trulymebeingme on Preview–BOOM! Studios releases new Sleepy Hollow tie-in series
- sath on Man of Steel makes it hard to get excited about Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman
- scoon42 on DC Comics series offer strong start to Fall TV season
- scoon42 on Set your DVR for the sweeter side of spooky with two romantic ghost stories
Read about our favorite creators and topicsAlex Ross Arnold Schwarzenegger Arrow Art Schmidt Auctions Batman Battlestar Galactica BBC America Benedict Cumberbatch Bionic Man Bionic Woman Black Canary Blade Runner Boom Studios borg Bruce Willis Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic-Con costumes CW Network Cyborg Dark Horse Comics Dark Horse Presents DC 52 DC Comics Disney Doctor Who Dynamite Comics Elite Comics Elizabeth C. Bunce Firefly Francesco Francavilla Frank Cho Freddie Williams II George Lucas Green Arrow Grimm Guardians of the Galaxy Harry Potter IDW Publishing Iron Man Jai Nitz James Bond Jason Aaron Jason McClain Joss Whedon Lord of the Rings Martin Freeman Marvel Comics Marvel Studios Matt Smith Mike Grell Mike Mayhew New 52 original comic art Phil Hester Philip K. Dick Planet Comicon Real Science Robocop SDCC 2012 Six Million Dollar Man Star Trek Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Wars Stephen Amell Superman Syfy Channel The Avengers The Borg The Hobbit The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Tron Veronica Mars Warehouse 13
Catch up on our archive of hundreds of daily updates