This week the creators of Stranger Things are releasing the first comprehensive look behind the scenes of the popular Netflix series’ first two seasons in Stranger Things: Worlds Turned Upside Down–The Official Behind-the-Scenes Companion. Along with a sneak peek at next year’s third season, the book is full of nostalgia from the series, a sci-fi/fantasy adventure all about nostalgia for the 1980s. That comes through in the unique design on the cover, which intentionally resembles a battered, old book fresh off the revolving used book rack at the local supermarket. Check out a preview below courtesy of Random House.
Look for full color photographs, concept art, and even some pull-out material. Many of the photographs have not been published before. Details include:
• original commentary and a foreword from creators Matt and Ross Duffer
• exclusive interviews with the stars of the show, including Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, and David Harbour
• the show’s earliest drafts, pitches to Netflix, and casting calls
• insights into the Duffers’ creative process from the entire crew—from costume and set designers to composers and visual-effects specialists
• deep dives into the cultural artifacts and references that inspired the look and feel of the show
• a map of everyday Hawkins—with clues charting the network of the Upside Down
• the Morse code disk Eleven uses, so you can decipher secret messages embedded throughout the text
• a look into the future of the series—including a sneak preview of Season 3
It also includes classic retro character sheets from Dungeons & Dragons, filled in for each key cast member.
Here is some detail of the cover and spine weathering, designed and defaced by artist Kyle Lambert:
Order Stranger Things: Worlds Turned Upside Down–The Official Behind-the-Scenes Companion by Gina McIntyre now here at Amazon. It arrives in book stores October 30.