This month Wizards of the Coast is celebrating 45 years of fans and gaming and 5 years of the Fifth Edition of Dungeons & Dragons with a one-time opportunity. The D&D Sapphire Anniversary Dice Set: Collector’s Limited Edition will be available to commemorate the occasion, a set of eleven aluminum dice with a special sapphire set in the d20 die. Wizards of the Coast hopes this to be the jewel of any gamer’s dice sets. You’ll want to mark your calendar for December 12, 2019, at 9 a.m. Pacific/11 a.m. Central, the go-live date for sales of the set. And you’ll need to act fast, as the number of sets will be limited to 1,974, reflecting the first year of D&D.
“When the D&D team realized the sapphire is the traditional anniversary stone for both five years and forty-five years, and that adding a laboratory-created sapphire to a twenty-sided die wouldn’t jeopardize the integrity of a roll, we couldn’t pass up the chance to make something really cool to celebrate the milestones,” said Nathan Stewart, vice president of the D&D for Wizards of the Coast. “The team put together a fun product for our fans that includes art and newly updated stats for sapphire dragons, making these classic dragons ready for play in your next D&D session.”
Here are the stats for the set from Wizards of the Coast:
- A complete set of eleven precision anodized luxury aluminum dice, including two d20s, one d12, two d10s, one d8, four d6s, and one d4, all created exclusively for Wizards of the Coast by Level Up Dice.
- The centerpiece of the set is a dice masterpiece, a d20 that contains an inlaid lab-grown sapphire in the place of the twenty.
- All other dice sport a fully engraved and anodized official D&D ampersand on the highest value of each die.
- A custom dice box and dice tray combo only available with this set, perfect for protecting and showcasing the set everywhere you play.
- A premiere foldout card featuring official D&D fifth edition game statistics for adult sapphire dragons, along with vibrant, full-color art.
- An exclusive sticker sheet with the D&D ampersand.
- A sequentially numbered collector’s card confirming the set’s authenticity.
Take a look at this trailer with close-up images of the dice, which also doubles as a bit of a “moment of Zen”–
The set sells for $299.99. Here is a look at what you get:
More information is available, including where to set up an account to order the D&D Sapphire Anniversary Dice Set: Collector’s Limited Edition, a Q&A, and more specs at the D&D website here.