From Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons & Dragons is issuing a new set of rules options and subclasses for the “world’s greatest roleplaying game.” Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything will be available on November 17, 2020, with a cover by Magali Villeneuve and an alt-cover by Wylie Beckert only available through local game stores. Pre-orders are available now here at Amazon (note: it’s not searchable by the title name yet, but can be found at this link). Fans will get a chance to preview some of the new subclasses and more at D&D Celebration, an online gaming event open to fans all over the world, taking place September 18-20.
Following in the footsteps of Xanathar’s Guide to Everything and incorporating more than a year of playtest feedback from the D&D community, Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything introduces class features and subclasses which add options to the current character classes. The artificer class also appears in the book, as do group patrons who can help mold the characters’ story and a customization option that lets players shape a character’s origin.
The wizard Tasha, whose works include the spell Tasha’s hideous laughter, has gathered lore during her illustrious career as an adventurer. Her enemies wouldn’t want these treasured secrets scattered across the multiverse, so in defiance, she has collected and codified these tidbits for the enrichment of all.
More detail from Wizards of the Coast:
- EXPANDED SUBCLASSES. Try out subclass options for every Dungeons & Dragons class, including the artificer, which appears in the book.
- MORE CHARACTER OPTIONS. Delve into a collection of new class features and new feats, and customize your character’s origin using straightforward rules for modifying a character’s racial traits.
- INTRODUCING GROUP PATRONS. Whether you’re part of the same criminal syndicate or working for an ancient dragon, each group patron option comes with its own perks and types of assignments.
- SPELLS, ARTIFACTS & MAGIC TATTOOS. Discover more spells, as well as magic tattoos, artifacts, and other magic items for your campaign.
- EXPANDED RULES OPTIONS. Try out rules for sidekicks, supernatural environments, natural hazards, and parleying with monsters, and gain guidance on running a session zero.
- A PLETHORA OF PUZZLES. Ready to be dropped into any D&D adventure, puzzles of varied difficulty await your adventurers, complete with traps and guidance on using the puzzles in a campaign.
On Sept 18-20, D&D Celebration will feature online D&D gameplay so fans all over the world can gather together, roll dice, and slay frost giants to celebrate the launch of Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden. Wizards of the Coast claims the largest virtual D&D game ever played is scheduled for Saturday, September 19, with more than a thousand concurrent players participating in an adventure administered by D&D Adventurers League.
C.J. Bunce / Editor / borg