Christie’s & Eon Productions are auctioning off 24 lots from last year’s latest James Bond entry, SPECTRE, now out on Blu-ray and reviewed here at borg.com last week. An online-only sale will offer 14 of the 24 lots, open for bidding beginning tomorrow, February 16, 2016, through Tuesday, February 23, 2016, with an invitation-only live auction being held on Thursday, February 18, 2016, at Christie’s in London. The live auction is also open to Internet and telephone bidders.
1. Blu-ray disc signed in gold marker pen by Daniel Craig plus James Bond’s blue initialed ‘JB’ Tom Ford cufflinks worn by Daniel Craig
Each set with oval lapis lazuli panels engraved with the monogram ‘JB’ for James Bond, to single-link connections, signed Tom Ford, 15mm wide, in maker’s case and card box. Bond’s cufflinks were personalized for SPECTRE, designed by Jany Temime and made by Tom Ford. Daniel Craig as James Bond wore these cufflinks throughout the film with each of his suits apart from the ‘mother-of-pearl’ version which he wore with his dinner suit (see Lot 15). They are one of two pairs held in the EON archive.
2. James Bond’s Day of the Dead Costume worn by Daniel Craig
Designed by Costume designer Jany Temime and mask designer Robert Allsopp. The set includes:
- Black frock coat with white hand painted bones, size IT38
- Skull mask with elastic fastening
- Black leather gloves, size M
- Black top hat, 100% wool with grosgrain ribbon hat band ‘Jaxton Victorian’, size 7 ⅝” (61 cm.)
- Skull cane
This is one of three Day of the Dead Costumes worn by Daniel Craig (the other two are retained by EON) in the pre-title sequence of the film. Bond is in pursuit of assassin Sciarra.
3. Longines ‘Conquest Heritage’ watch
This is the 18-carat rose gold automatic wristwatch worn by Ralph Fiennes as M in SPECTRE. With a diameter of 35 mm, this model in 18-carat rose gold displays a sunray silver dial with pink applied indices, “dolphine” hands with superluminova and date aperture at 12 o’clock. Fitted with a self-winding mechanical calibre L633, it indicates the hours, the minutes and the seconds. The caseback is decorated with a gold and enamel medallion representing a constellation. One of only two worn by Ralph Fiennes in SPECTRE, the other retained by Omega.
4. Final Legal SPECTRE script signed by Sam Mendes, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli
5. Oberhauser’s SPECTRE gold ring worn by Christoph Waltz
The ring is made of 9 carat yellow gold, with 7 tentacle octopus logo rendered in distressed black, and has some marks on back of ring. This is one of only two gold rings made for the film, the other is retained by EON.
6. Rankin framed set of character art
A set of nine prints on resin paper, each measuring 20 x 24 in. (50.8 x 61 cm), signed by both the actor and photographer: Daniel Craig as James Bond, 2015 (signed by Daniel Craig and Rankin in ink); Léa Seydoux as Dr. Madeleine Swann, 2015 (signed by Lea Seydoux and Rankin); Monica Bellucci as Lucia Sciarra, 2015 (signed by Monica Bellucci and Rankin); Ralph Fiennes as M, 2015 (signed by Ralph Fiennes and Rankin); Andrew Scott as C, 2015 (signed by Andrew Scott and Rankin); Ben Whishaw as Q, 2015 (signed by Ben Whishaw and Rankin); Christoph Waltz as Oberhauser, 2015 (signed by Christoph Waltz and Rankin); Naomie Harris as Moneypenny, 2015 (signed by Naomie Harris and Rankin); Rory Kinnear as Tanner, 2015 (signed by Rory Kinnear and Rankin)
7. Sam Smith signed ‘Writing’s on the Wall’ sheet music, framed with 45rpm 7” vinyl single and sleeve.
The Bond song that won Sam Smith a Golden Globe and an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song.
8. A two-piece dinner suit by Tom Ford, worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond
A single breasted cream silk mix dinner jacket labelled Made in Switzerland, with further label to interior pocket embroidered Tom Ford, Daniel Craig, Bond 24. The care label with further details includes client name and size 48R. The black wool trousers trimmed on the outside seam with a black satin stripe, similarly labelled, together with a Tom Ford white cotton dress shirt with pleated front and double cuffs, a black pleated silk cummerbund, black bow tie, white braces and faux red carnation. James Bond wears this dinner suit in the Moroccan train dinner scene he shares with Madeleine Swann. Although several dinner suits were made only two ‘hero’ suits survived.
9. Prototype one of eight Omega Seamaster 300 wristwatches, worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond
Black dial, luminous broad arrow hour markers and Arabic 3, 6, 9 numerals, luminous hands and “lollipop” sweep centre seconds, circular stainless steel case with transparent back, bi-directional rotating black ceramic bezel calibrated for 12 hours, self-winding caliber 8400, 38 jewels
The only gadget given to Bond by Q in SPECTRE which helps save Bond in the Moroccan lair scene.
10. Aston Martin DB10
The live auction on 18 February is led by an Aston Martin DB10, one of the series of DB10s designed and engineered by Aston Martin exclusively for SPECTRE. Most of the DB10s were modified for use in the filming of SPECTRE, but two of those produced were kept back as show cars, for display purposes only, and this is one of them. The car is expected to realise between £1,000,000 and £1,500,000 and is to date the only DB10 to be released for public sale by Aston Martin and EON Productions. This is the only car that includes a special plaque signed by Daniel Craig and was displayed at the world premiere of SPECTRE at the Royal Albert Hall, London. Aston Martin has been associated with the James Bond franchise for over 50 years, with the DB10 model featuring in the latest Bond film, SPECTRE.
11. SPECTRE clapper board used during filming signed by Daniel Craig in silver marker
12. Hinx’s metal thumbnails made for Dave Bautista
At the SPECTRE meeting in Rome, Hinx uses his metal thumbnails to kill a competitor. They are one of four sets and come with stick on mounts.
13. Q’s personalized laptop used by Ben Whishaw
A Clevo laptop (model: P151SM1) dressed with stickers and tape to refect Q’s character. In working order with extra battery pack, laptop AC adapter, battery charger, power supply with power cord and soft case. Size: 10 x 14 ¾ in. (25.4 x 37.5 cm.). Q (Ben Whishaw) uses this laptop in his London lab and takes it to Austria where he uses it to discover the link between Mr. White and Spectre. One of three laptops used in filming has preloaded film graphics.
14. A Swiss high-tech ceramic Rado D-Star automatic chronograph wristwatch, worn by Dave Bautista as Hinx
Black dial with applied silvered indexes, two sub dials, three hands, date aperture at six o’clock, oval case in plasma high-tech ceramic, self-winding caliber 604 movement with 25 jewels. Rado logo on dial and movement, case back engraved Rado-D star, water resistant to 10 bar (100m). Plasma high-tech ceramic bracelet. 44 mm. diam. In presentation box.
15. James Bond’s initialled ‘JB’ Tom Ford cufflinks worn by Daniel Craig
Each set with oval pale grey mother-of-pearl panels engraved with monogram ‘JB’ for James Bond, to single-link connections, signed Tom Ford, 15mm wide, in maker’s case and card box. Designed by Jany Temime and made by Tom Ford, Bond wears these personalized cufflinks with his dinner suit in the Moroccan train scene as shown on page 1. They are one of three pairs held in the EON archive.
16. Estrella’s Day of The Dead handmade paper maché mask and fower head dress worn by Stephanie Sigman
One of two sets worn by Stephanie Sigman (the other retained by EON).
17. Moneypenny’s ‘gift’ phone from Bond
Brushed silver colour mobile phone in dark grey paper box with grey satin ribbon, inside velvet base lining, tissue paper and white folded card with ‘Thank you’ written by hand with black marker. This is one of two prop ‘gift’ phone sets used by Naomie Harris as Moneypenny in SPECTRE (the other retained by EON). Bond sends Moneypenny a phone disguised as a ‘gift’ so that he can clandestinely communicate with her as he continues on his rogue mission to track down the criminal organization behind Sciarra. On screen the ‘Thank you’ card is signed ‘J’ – this was added digitally in post-production.
18. Oberhauser’s Moroccan lair costume worn by Christoph Waltz
– Midnight blue silk jacket by Timothy Everest, S/B, rounded Nehru collar, single collar button fastening, welt hip pockets
– Navy blue ‘Wooyoungmi’ shirt with black rubber ‘lace’ efect on collar & cuffs, button cuff, neckband collar
– Pale grey Margiela trousers with drawstring waist
19. Q Branch DB10 Gadget Switches
Director Sam Mendes wanted the gadget switches to look unfinished and low tech. Production Designer Dennis Gassner briefed Prop Shop at Pinewood Studios who then made up 10 identical gadget switches. Bond defies orders and takes the DB10 to pursue his lead. The DB10 has four gadget switches: Atmosphere – In car sound system; Backfire – Rear machine gun; Exhaust – Rear Flamethrower; Air – Ejector Seat.
20. Bond’s shoulder holster worn by Daniel Craig
This is one of five leather shoulder holsters hand-made for Bond by armourer Dave Evans. The holster is featured on the teaser poster.
21. Omega 300 limited edition watch with personalised engraved message donated by Jesper Christensen
At the end of filming SPECTRE, producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli gifted this watch to Jesper who plays Mr. White – a character whose story began in Casino Royale, 2006.
22. Martini shaker and two glasses used by James Bond and Madeleine Swann
White metal cocktail shaker with strainer and cap together with two cocktail glasses. In the iconic Martini scene, Bond enjoys a cocktail with Madeleine Swann on a train travelling through the Moroccan desert. Their conversation comes to an abrupt halt when Bond sees the reflection of Hinx in the martini shaker and a brutal fight begins.
23. Tom Ford bow tie signed by Daniel Craig in gold marker pen
One of four black silk grosgrain bow-ties from the costume department and signed by Daniel Craig.
24. Tom Ford ‘Snowdon’ sunglasses worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond
Tom Ford Snowdon FT0237 sunglasses, with frame colour Havana 52N and grey lenses, size 50. Including original Tom Ford protective outer box, case, cleaning cloth and authenticity certificate. Bond wore these sunglasses for Sciarra’s funeral scene. They are one of four pairs Daniel Craig wore when filming on location in Rome.
Proceeds from the auction will go to various charities. To check out the online-only auction and view full descriptions and photos, see the Christies website here.
*All above images © Christie’s Images LTD. 2016.